WordCamp Rochester is just a few days away – this Saturday, October 15!
Here’s some of the main info to keep in mind to make the most out of the day.
University of Rochester
William E. Simon Graduate School of Business
in Schlegel Hall
on Wilson Blvd.
Rochester, NY 14627
There are several entrances to the building. We will have signs outside of the entrances for you to find us. Make your way to the rotunda and registration. You can’t miss it, and we’ll post signs to help you if you do.
Directions to the building are here: http://www.simon.rochester.edu/about-simon/the-simon-community/maps-and-directions/index.aspx
There are many parking lots around the campus, and parking on the weekend is FREE! So find a spot that works. Being a big campus, there will be a bit of a walk to get to the building, so plan an extra 10 minutes to get to registration on time. Best lots for access are the Bridge Lot and Trustee Lot.
Registration will take place between 8:00 and 8:30am in the Main Hall, first floor, just outside of the rotunda. Bagels and coffee available to all.
We will start with an awesome Key Note Address by Brian Rotsztein at 8:30am, so be on time. You won’t want to miss this!
Want to plan your day? Review the session schedule here: https://2016.rochester.wordcamp.org/schedule/
FOOD & BEVERAGE
Breakfast: light breakfast of bagels and coffee/teaLunch: Boxed Sandwiches with chips, fruit and cookie. Vegetarian, Vegan and GF Veggie will be provided for those who selected those options when you purchased your ticket.
Please join us for some snacks and drinks after the conclusion of WordCamp. The After Party will be held at The Scotch House Pub. Your WCROC badge is your after party ticket.
Scotch House Pub
373 South Goodman Street
Rochester, NY 14607
WHAT TO WEAR & WHAT TO BRING
WordCamps are casual events. Dress comfortably and plan for any weather possible (it’s Rochester, the weather is weird here). Right now the forecast is sunny and 70degF for Saturday. YAY!
- Pen & Paper (some people still use them) – You’ll learn lots of new things, and we doubt you’ll be able to remember everything!
- Laptop – optional – If taking notes electronically is more your speed, feel free to bring your laptop. The classrooms are equipped with Wifi and charging capabilities, with desks and great desk chairs. You will also want your own laptop if you plan to visit the Happiness Bar for assistance on your site. (More about the Happiness Bar here: https://2016.rochester.wordcamp.org/what-is-a-happiness-bar/)
- Mobile Phones/Smart Watches – we encourage you to share all that you are learning via social media with the hashtag #wcroc.
- Device Chargers – we will have extra power and charging stations, however you will need to bring your own charging cables. Power will not be available at every seat, so please bring your devices fully charged.
- Mobile Hot Spot – optional – Wifi will be available, and should work well (it’s a business school), but when you pack 140+ WordPress folks in one place, tech can be unpredictable at times. If you must be connected to the internet at all times, consider a hot spot.
Questions? Email Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org and she’ll do her best to answer them!
See you on Saturday!
~The WordCamp Rochester Team